How to change the look of your user list:
- Plugin comes with a default css file used mainly for the public lists
- Default css tries to let your theme do most of the styling for consistent appearance and just add essential extras
- Default css can be switched off completely
- Default css can be activated for certain pages only
- If you need custom css – maybe because you’ve created a very wide list or your data has forced the table to be wide, see adding custom css to a wordpress website
- In version 3.4 onwards, the admin or backend lists all use table html as these lists are also used to administer the users
- Tables can be good and tables can be tricky. Since YOU are determining the columns, the field values in them and the size of the table, the plugin should not attempt to impose any fixed sizing. This means if you have a wide list, you may need to add some css to make it behave the way you want.
- For ‘public’ lists, a ‘public html type‘ can be set to use simple html which allows more flexible styling of the lists. The same “classes” will be used so much css can be shared for consistency of appearance.
- so public html type can be:
- table – yes a normal html table
- simple – a html5 non table format
- csv export image link and refresh link icons or text can be totally customised (general settings)
- default avatar type (used if user does not have their own avatar) will be set by your wordpress settings (settings > Discussion > scroll down to set default avatar )
- avatar size can be set as a default for all lists (general settings) and/or customised per list (configure list or overview)