- exclude administrators from lists.
- we could use the first role OR specific ids depending on need. Role is safer if one is later adding users we do not want to display.
- Temporarily choose the criteria field for display by adding a display column to it. In this case the first role.
- Update the list settings.Role will now be one of the columns displayed AND magically now the other specifications are available in the list configuration.
- Scroll to the right till you see the “include” and “exclude” fields.
- Enter your criteria:
- EG: to display only subscribers (not authors etc), enter ‘subscriber’ in the include column
- EG: to exclude administrators, enter ‘administrator’ in the exclude column.
- NB if using multiple values, use commas only to separate DO NOT ADD spaces. In some cases spaces are valid parts of the field values.
- Update the list settings, rebuild cache, check it works.
- NOW … remove the display column number for your criteria field.
- Update list settings, rebuild cache.
List will now use criteria but not display the fields.