How to filter by a field not currently displayed?
- Enter some data for some users. Ideally all users should have a value for that field. Plugin will show a ‘-‘ for users with a blank value.
- Display the field (possibly temporarily)
- Define the filtering
- Rebuild cache (will soon no longer be needed)
- Location of filter html
Display the field
- Enter a column number in the display order column for the “First Role”
- Click update field settings
- Click Rebuild cache to be sure field shows
This tells the plugin you want to use that field in that list and where to display it.
Check that field works, some values exist:
- Click “Filtering”,
- Select an html input type from the dropdown. Note some options may require special add-ons.
- Click Update
- Click Rebuild cache now (for now, coming version will remove this)
In current version of plugin the list will show with filter but the values will not be there – plugin hasn’t had a chance to ‘save’ them for filtering yet.
Cache versions of plugin will use this rebuild to save the possible values of role in your db, including any custom roles, but excluding any for which there are NO users.
If values (eg roles) and users with those values (roles) are added over time – a rebuild cache will find and add them. The filter should now be visible with values for existing users.
Rebuild the cache (Realtime Query version coming)
- just making sure….. if you do not see the values, then rebuild the cache!
- still don’t see all values you expect to see ? Is there a user with that value ? No ? Create/update and rebuild the cache.
Filtering Html Location
Setting the location of the filters
In the configure screen in the overview section, under f’iltering’.
- in table or
- above or
- none (to switch off while saving settings)
- Click Update.