- Navigation instructions
- Filtering instructions
Adds features to amr-users:
- custom (alphabetical) navigation
- choose which field to ‘index’ on – last name, display name, company name, region ?
- enter own alphabet or set of characters to filter on – other values will be shown under ‘other’
- Add ability to do real time filtering, and partial column filtering. (Note: for very simple filtering needs, you can write your own html
- Filtering options can be defined per column. Filter options can be normal or unusual:
- Column values: normal filtering
- Column empty or not: sometimes one only needs/wants to see/remove lines with blank/non blank values. EG: who has entered first names?
- Field filter options: A column may be composed of many fields strung together. These options will cause a full search on the individual values in the fields in the columns. The cache cannot be used.
- Field empty or not: filters blank/non blank on fields. The nice field names become the filter values. To find these values, the cache cannot be used. Result may be slow on big lists.
- Field values: Allows The field values to become filter values. Cache will not be used as the cache no longer knows about fields.
- Linking to a detail page provided by list 2. It assumes you are using list 1 as your user directory and list 2 as your profile display page. Only really relevant for front end lists.
- Formats for fields where a field type has been defined. These are pluggable functions for extra flexibility. As at Oct, 2017 these are implemented :
- boolean – tick or cross
- boolean – true or false
- image where image url is given
- timestamp as datetime
- timestamp as date
- timestamp as time
- timestamp as ‘ago’
- timestamp as age
- datetime as date
- datetime as time
- datetime as ‘ago’
- datetime as age
- email as mailto (note: for wp user email one can also use the linktype)
- Formats still to come – may show greyed out if the matching function (eg: ausers_format_fieldtype_format ) is not available. The fieldtypes are usually added by the base free plugin. Formats for fieldtypes can be added via filters in addons:
- telephone – text with call html
- telephone – phone icon with call link
- integer – ?
- currency – ?
- floating point number
- simple user list with filtering on custom fields created by another plugin
- alpha navigation / filtering of user list with custom text
- alpha navigation / filtering of user list with custom alphabet
- user list demo with in table filtering – data generated by test users
Custom Navigation instructions
- Activate the ‘plus’ plugin
- Configure a list – click the ‘edit navigation’ link
- Customised and save the navigation settings (optional)
- maybe it is just the fieldname to index on that you need to change?
- ensure that the combination of settings makes sense.
- In the list’s overview settings switch custom navigation on
- Rebuild the cache
- View the list
- Activate the ‘plus’ plugin.
- Click the ‘edit filtering’ link (now functional)
- Choose the fields to filter by (they must of course be in your list)
- Choose the filter type
- Above each column of your report, you will be able to choose a type of filtering.
- These weird options are by request, due to some unusual multi-field columns that some people have.
- In the configure list overview settings, specify where filtering should be show in the public view (in table headers, above the list or not at all (field settings will be saved))
- Rebuild the cache
- amr-users version 3.5.3 or later.
Filters are available to resort or otherwise rearrange the drop down values.
- $lables = apply_filters (‘amr_filter_lables’, $lables, $col, $selected, $type);
- $values = apply_filters (‘amr_filter_values’, $values, $col, $selected, $type);
- $lables usually equals the values translation
- $values is an array of keyed by the values and with the count of each value in the curret set of data
- $col is the field name
- $selected is the value that has been selected (if it has)
- $type is the type of filtering in action (from your settings)
For latest files, please see