This is a custom add-on to the free wordpress amr-users and mytreasures plugin. The request was to be able to have a column of ‘media’ that users had or were linked to. The possibly multiple media are “comma and break” separated. Each media item links to the myTreasures media page.
The media and link are defined by the myTreasures wordpress plugin (The myTreasures plugin is about audio and video media. It used for other purposes here.)
- Adds a media field (called FGL at moment as per request).
- Adds functions to fetch media id’s linked to users
- Adds functions to fetch media names for the media id’s
- Adds formatting function to format the list of media id’s nicely with a link to the media’s own page
- Adds build link function as the mytreasures build link only works on it’s own page. This function requires the mytreasures page to be identified.
- Adds a settings page to allow specification of the mytreasures page to link to.
- No translation currently provided. The only front end text is in German – “Mehr information” with userid notated. Text is easily editable or can be made translatable on request.
- wordpress version 5.3.2 alpha,
- amr-users version 3.6.2 (may work with earlier versions too)
- myTreasures version 2.4.10 (latest as at 24 May 2013)
- Activate the add-on plugin
- Go to amr-users general settings > find fields. Run find fields. Field FGL should be found.
- Go to amr-users myTreasures link page. Specify the mytreasures page to link to. Update/Save.
- Goto user list. Add a display order find field. No linktype to be used. Update settings.
- Rebuild cache.
Check it works and links to the mytreasures page, with permalinks and without permalinks.
The plugin is on offer separately as it is not expected that there will much demand due to the uniqueness of the request. Thus the price higher than the others on offer. Price include unlimited access to upgrades. That said a discounted rate has been applied – the price does not reflect the full cost of development in Australia.