Adds alphabetical navigation and filtering by selected values to your public amr-users lists, as well as a few extra’s like special formats,and more fields to manage multiple roles.
For more details, see https://wpusersplugin.com/related-plugins/amr-users-plus/
For better overall value (more plugins, more sites, access to updates for longer) see:
A clean low key solution to allow private member to member communication through the website and keep email addresses private.
Developer adds a linktype of ’email with contact form’ to a field in a user list. This enables logged in users with the configured capability to select a member by clicking the field. The link takes them to a contact form where they can specify a subject and a message. When the user submits their message, it is sent from the website. Website headers and footers can be added in the settings.
No email addresses are seen unless the settings say they can be. Emails are sent from the system using a ‘to’ and ‘from’ email address specified by the system.
Access can be provided on request to serious buyers to the demo system. From the memberdetails page, one can click through to email contact form. Only available to logged in users with the right access.
- specify sending and to emails (required for bcc)
- specify whether to use cc or bcc for emails
- specify mandatory headers and footers for email content, which can include placeholders for sender and receiver details
- adds a linktype to amr-users lists settings to allow linking to the email contact form
- specify member list page and contact url page
- email messages are private ie no record is curently kept on the system by this plugin. A copy of the emails can be kept by specifying a ‘to’ address.
- basic unsubscribe link offered – this will depend on other functionality in the system.
- auto plugin update available if license key entered.
Configure any field in a amr-users list to have a ’email contact’ and logged in users will be able to click through and email a member while the email address is kept private.
Email addresses are kept private -The contact page with default content
Please contact me if you are interested and require more functionality. Note: a developer gold bundle may be better value as access is available to more for much longer periods.
This plugin functions both as an add-on to amr-users and can also be used with other plugins or themes by using a template tag.
Possible additional features to come
- Add a reply link in the email to direct the recipient to the website’s contact form with sufficient access to send email ? or back to the member list with a filter or search on the member name.
- Add timelimits to how quickly a message must be sent to replied to
- Add timelimit to when the form must be used (not working with nonce_life at moment)
- Add ‘throttle’ to prevent a member sending too many emails too quickly. – Maybe emails per day ? and emails per user. have to have at least a log of email receipients by sender then
- Add email logging system – with optional settings – could be a record for both sender and possibly also recipient ?
- Add a ‘preview’ feature.
- Maybe allow for html ? Maybe more branding for the site ?
- Easy Unsubscribe option – may depend on how membership defined. Possibly have to add own control? Or perhaps they should not be displayed in member list then?
Shortcode for contact page:
$user, // the target user object
buddy press fields and link types
- It will inspect the buddypress tables and add the field names and, of course the data to the amr-users plugin.
- It formats the data appropriately. An example function is included to do further formatting if you wish.
- All possible extended profile field types have been tested.
- One can choose to have any of the user fields link to the users buddypress profile page. (v1.1)
- It has also been tested with amr-users-plus, so all filtering functionality will work with the buddypress fields.
- Now also allows one to select for display the buddypress member cover image.
Buddy press example extended profile fields
Add link to buddypress member profile page
Buddy Press extended profile field types with filtering
Report and select by buddy press groups
- activate the plugin
- create representative test data for a set of users (both wp and buddy press data)
- “find the fields” using amr-users
- configure your chosen list to add the buddy press fields you want to display.
- rebuild cache and view the list.
now at version 2.0
- As a special request from simon of simonIT, a buddy press addon was developed.
- Aaron requested ability to link to a members buddypress profile page – this is in version 1.1,
- Lyndon requested a link to the a resume page created by the bp resume plugin. This is in version 1.5.
- Nov 2016 Arvind requested the buddypress member cover image be selectable. It is now in 1.9
This add-on is fully functional. A logged in user may wish to see users that are like them. IE: users who share similar characteristics. You define the characteristics.
Multiple fields can be used to define the similarities that will cause users to be listed.
For non logged in users one could restrict the list as follows:
- Use the start_empty=1 parameter to hide data if the user is not logged in.
- or use some other members plugin to keep the userlist private to logged in users only
Please note the following:
- A logged in admin will show all users. You must test with another user who is not admin.
- Version 1.1 only applies to userlist.
- The shared fields must be included in the userlist.
- Do not add other filtering on top unless you have tested combination of settings very well.
- The amr-users plus filtering has value counts for the whole list, not just the users restricted list, so your own filter html may be preferable.
- Refresh/Rebuild cache will not work for restricted users (because there is always a filter and that gets flagged first). Only admin or the cron job will be able to refresh. So don’t show the button!
Logged in user restricted to list of users with same country
Loged In as Admin
Not logged in – with empty start set
Using an image sprite with hover
Add social media profile links to your public user lists? Here is an add-on that works out the box or you can customise:
- option to group social media icons, or to list them separately
- uses standard wordpress contact methods functionality or customise to use your own fields
- it uses amr-user filters and hooks so you can customise the hell out of it and stay within the upgrade path of the main plugin
- lots of code comments and clearly written code that can be copied and tweaked , so minimal php,css knowledge required
- totally translatable in case you have a multi-language site
- use any user profile fields you may already have collected
- optionally add new ones simply using wordpress contact methods
- use your own themes css, or use a choice of provided images, or load your own
- image sprite example (replace with own sprites and css as desired), or get more. Perhaps a glyph version?
- jetpack social media images (must have jetpack installed)
- Both provided css options have softer focus on main icons which brighten on hover.
- work with the social profile fields individually or manipulate a social media block in the lists
- custom social profile formatting functions (using amr-users pluggable function lookup for format functions)
An html 5 version:
user list with social media links
Admin example view – individual control or a ‘block’.
List for demonstration purposes: To show both individual social media profile field control or as a ‘block’
- Download, unzip
- Optionally edit social profile contact methods as desired (or perhaps test first, edit later…)
- Ftp to your plugin directory,Activate
- Edit some user profiles – make sure there is data in social media profile fields desired. Save
- Go to amr-user settings. Run ‘Find fields’ to pickup these if not already identified
- Add social media fields to your lists (block or individual fields)
- Rebuild lists, voila
Edits may be desired
- If already have social profiles in database, then check if field names are different. Edit add-on plugin names (should be fairly obvious) in various sections. Look for the ‘EDIT this’ in the comments.
- Using jetpack? Change css stylesheet path (See “EDIT this” – half of one line of code
- Using jetpack and want smaller icons? Change the jetpack css file (or create copy and change path as per above
- Not using jetpack. Want a different image sprite? Replace the image, tweak css file as necessary (sizes, image name, hover attributes etc)
- a sample user_url formatting function is included. It is not necessarily recommended as is (sample strips the protocol and the www. Some website owners want their www showing.)
If you need help editing, I am available for a fee. Work out exactly what you think you’d like to have happen (in doing this you may figure it out yourself!). Then contact me. The more info you provide upfront, the quicker we can get a solution for you.
Adds the ability to filter lists by either a date in YYYY-MM-DD format (like wordpress ‘user registered’ field) or in unix timestamp format. A date picker is also added.
One can enter ‘from’ or ‘to’ or both for each field.
- amr-users version >= 3.31 and
- amr-users-plus version > 2.17 (this has number and text range filtering.)
This is the first version. If you have feature requests or bug reports, please send through.
Range Filter options above the table
ranges filters in table heading
New filter settings options
Addon for the User Profiles Made Easy plugin. This addon creates a linktype ‘upme profile’ which can then be added to any field (eg avatar field) to create a hyperlink to an upme profile. The request for this addon defined the upme profile url as …/profile/[username] and the addon therefore creates the url in that form.
UPme linktype on hover
‘Inspect element’ browser showing the html source code generated
Settings – linktype
Example S2 member settings
S2 example member fields in use in a user list
Date and Time formatting
No matter what your db prefix is, it will format the S2 member unix timestamps as dates (using your sites timezone, so the times will be meaningful, not UTC based)
- and all the paid_registration_times_levels
It uses the new phone formatting function in amr-users (versions > 3.10) to format any fields with phone in the key name as links with tel:99999999, so that they can be called from the device on which the list is being viewed.
Finally it adds a filter to the ‘nice names’ to automatically clean up the field names for heading purposes so you don’t have to edit it yourself. You can still see the technical field names in the settings. (Click reset nice names and rebuild the cache)
The S2member date and time formatting need not interfere with other date and time formats. The fields can be targeted as specifically as you wish:
Various Date and Time formatting
There is also commented out code that you may wish to use to tailor your date and time formatting.
(note: s2 member unique field id’s must be in lowercase -easy to fix if they are not already!)
Please read https://wpusersplugin.com/3086/user-lists-and-filtering-with-s2member-fields/ before getting too carried away with the more complex S2member custom fields.