There are two fields that show details of date of registration. When the plugin started I wanted to see a human based ‘days ago’ view as I found that much more helpful to assess how long a user had been a member.
Thus that is the real wordpress registration date fields default formatting. If one hovers over the field full details of the actual date will show.
It is also possible for you to write your own formatting function to format the date any way you would like. For those people who are unable to write their own functions from the example and just want to display the registration date, there is a ‘pseudo’ field created which is called ‘Registration Date’ – it is not a real field though and does not sort well.
Registered days ago
- real registration date field formatted using wordpress’s human time difference date time function
- has hover text so you can see the actual date
- will sort by date
- will display the date in the csv extract
- pseudo field created on the fly in display only
- doesn’t sort. Sort by the ‘days ago’ field and then remove the display order to hide the field
- doesn’t show in csv
In the future there may be the possibility for one to choose from a range of formats. For example I can imagine a number of possibilities:
- a range of date formatting options using php date format options
- human time diff, days ago
- birthday (no years)