The amr-users reporting plugin offers formatting functions for various fields.
Existing pre-defined special formatting
Many fields have pre-defined formatting. the functions are prefixed with ausers_format_, followed by the ‘internal’ field name. See the ‘nice names’ page to find the internal names.
For example for field ‘user_registered’, the function is called
The function formats the field value as a ‘days ago’ field with a hover link showing the actual date and time.
See ausers-pluggable.php for examples
Your own formatting?
- To create your own formatting, write your own little site specific plugin and create a formatting function with the right name structure for your field as above.
- The plugin will check if a suitable function has been defined for a field it is formatting. If it does not exist, it will just output the value.
- If you define your own function, the plugin will not use it’s functions
- Special note for S2member users. Due to way S2 member creates it’s user fields, when creating the formatting function name, please do the following:
- any hyphens in the field name become underscores
Field Formatting Function Examples
- ausers_format_user_settings_time (the last time the user changed their settings)
Formatting a Field with database table prefix built into name
- strip the database prefix out of the field/function name
- eg1: NOT
- ausers_format_wp_capabilities_secondrole (), but rather:
- ausers_format_capabilities_secondrole ()
- eg2: NOT
fields-yourspecialfield (), but rather:
- ausers_format_s2member_custom_fields_yourspecialfield ()
Other Pluggable Functions
amr_display_a_line ($line, $icols, $cols, $user, $ahtm);
the code that will display a user – see the code in ausers-pluggables.php
amr_display_a_page ($linessaved, $icols, $cols, $ahtm );
the code that will display a page of users inside the filters, headers etc – see the code in ausers-pluggables.php
amr_display_final_list ($linessaved, $icols, $cols,$page, $rowsperpage, $totalitems, $caption, $search, $ulist, $c, $filtercol, $sortedbynow);
the code that will display the full page of users including the filters, headers etc – see the code in ausers-pluggables.php
In the Future?
- Future versions of the plugin may have the ability to detect a field type (link, image) or for you to tell it what your special fields are (boolean values, image) so that it can format accordingly.
- Stay tuned, maybe add a note in the feature requests part of the forum