The “amr users” plugin allows one to create a wide variety of user lists accessing as little or as much of the user data as you like. One can then export these views for further analysis and manipulation.
There are two (and a half?) ways to export users to csv using amr-users
- Public csv export by stored file on server
- Non public real time csv export, or
- Non public real time csv as .txt export (for excel users, to force the excel text import wizard to appear)
‘Public’ lists csv export
- will generate an actual file that can be downloaded
- a export icon will appear at the bottom of the list (both front pages and admin pages)
- the list has been ‘ticked’ as public in the overview screen
- you may or may not have it available on a front page in a shortcode (just because it is ticked public, does not mean that the general public can access it – it must also be in a shortcode in a page
- the csv file location is obfuscated (hidden, but accessible)
- you should use good sense in deciding what data should be made available on that list
Non Public Lists
- In order to protect the user data, non public lists are only written to csv at request time.
- The ‘file’ is sent generated and sent direct to your browser. No file is stored on the server.
- This non-stored file option may have implications for people who have magic quotes enabled on their server.
Non Public csv export as .txt file
- For people who use excel and have troubles with double quotes in csv.
- Will export the csv list as a .txt file to force excel to use the text import wizard to allow control over the import options