There are a number of link types predefined, also you can add your own if you wish using a pluggable function.
Predefined link types:
- normal html email link if email address exists
- if a user url has been entered in the profile
- requires capability to edit users, will only show if current user has that capability
- links to the edit user page in wordpress admin
- to view, the viewer must be logged in , ie requires capability to list posts,
- links to the admin page for listing posts.
- “intelligent” link – if attached to a field for a post type (post, page, custom post type etc) post count, will filter for those post types only
authorarchive (aka front end user profile with archive)
- links to the author profile / archive page in the front end
- what you get depends on what your theme or other plugins do with the author archive
- requires Lester Chans wp-stats plugin. Please see comment totals by author before using.
A custom formatting function with whatever link you want, can be written by for any column. See the linked post for details and the pluggables file for examples. Do NOT edit the pluggables file.
But I just want a link to view user profile
A general access user profile view is determined by your theme and possibly by whatever plugins add stuff to the author template.
The current default theme will only show a profile for users (authors) with posts. It can however be modified (and perhaps your themes does this ?) to pickup the user id from the url line and show non-author user profiles too.
This post by Mihai Valentin may also be useful: wordpress-tutorial-load-the-template-you-want-with-template_redirect.
If you do not have the skills for that you can request a custom service for a small fee: